Wondrous item, legendary (requires attunement)
Weight: 12 lb.
Estimated Value (Sane Cost Guide): 200,000 gp
This is an unofficial homebrew magic item. It is up to the DM if they wish to allow the item to be used in a campaign.
The Horn of Orcus is a powerful magical item that can only be obtained by killing Orcus and harvesting his horns. Once harvested, only one of his horns retains enough power to create this magic item. The horn needs to be hollowed out and magically treated, before a week long ritual can be performed to tap into the necrotic magic within. Note: No good character would willing perform this ritual.
While holding the horn, you have the following abilities:
- You are immune to contracting any disease
- You have resistance to necrotic damage
- You can cast chill touch at will
- 3 times per day, you can cast one of the following spells:
- False Life (cast as a level 1 spell)
- Animate Dead (cast as a level 3 spell)
- Speak with Dead
The Horn of Orcus is a powerful magic item, that should only be given to powerful characters. As such, this charm should only be awarded to a high level party that has defeated the powerful demon lord Orcus.
Return to Previous Page
Need a magic item treasure table? Try a link below: